writtengems

writtengems

Caedmon's Curse - A.J. Nuest

I received a copy of this book from the publishers via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This review first appeared on The Book Corner.

At the end of Candra’s Freedom, we see Rowena travelling alone, heading for Seviere, believing this is the place that holds the key to returning her memories. Determined and fearless, she as yet has no plan as to how she will go about her aims. She is soon joined by Caedmon who, instead of taking her back to Austiere against her will, agrees to join her in her quest, despite his horror of Seviere after his two years of imprisonment and torture he suffered there. Together, through trials and unforseen hardships they arrive at Seviere, but it seems the battle has only just begun.

This is a fast paced third instalment, I found myself racing through it. I again don’t want to give too much away but Rowena comes to realise she does indeed love Caedmon, even though she cannot remember that it was this love that brought her to his world in the first place. She recognises him as a truly caring person, something she has little experienced in the two years Caedmon was imprisoned.

Together they vow to complete their quest to restore Rowena’s memories and bring peace to Austiere. This is a tale of love, rebellion, betrayal, finding friends in those you believe to be enemies, and enemies in those you believe to be friends.

I’m looking forward to reading the final book in the quartet, Braedric’s Bane in the near future.